For more than a half century, North Shore Medical Center has brought quality, specialized medical care to Dade and Broward Counties. With 357 beds, a medical staff of 400-plus and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its cancer center, maternity care, advanced technology and more highly rated services.
North Shore Medical Center
1100 N W 95TH ST
MIAMI, FL 33150
In 1952, ground was broken for the 110-bed North Shore Hospital. Just a year later, the first patient was admitted and our first North Shore baby was born.
Today we offer a broad spectrum of specialties. Fully accredited by the JCAHO, we take pride in our dedication to the community we serve. When we first opened our doors, our physician founders voiced a commitment to be a patient-oriented hospital. We still carry this same commitment to provide compassionate care.
The North Shore campus is easily accessible from all areas of Dade and Broward County via I-95. Just a few blocks west of I-95, we are less than a mile west of the Village of Miami Shores. Our beautiful landscaped campus is secure and facilitates the community outreach, education and exercise programs offered.
North Shore's Centers of Excellence include the C. Gordon Griffith Cancer Center, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Wound Treatment Center and Pain Care Center. With the addition of Stereotactic Radiosurgery, North Shore is utilizing X-Knife technology as well as Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT). Our Outpatient Surgical and Diagnostic Center provides the convenience our patients need with the quality care that is our hallmark.
North Shore's Mission is to provide an environment which enhances the health and well-being of our internal and external customers. This environment facilitates and encourages the spirit of community and teamwork in caring for our patients.
Tenet will distinguish itself as a leader in redefining health care delivery and will be recognized for the passion of its people and partners in providing quality, innovative care to the patients it serves in each community.
Meet the needs of each and every patient, whose care is our primary purpose and mission.
- Maintain and enhance cooperative relationships with physicians to better serve the health care needs of our communities.
- Forge strong partnerships with those who share our values.
- Achieve standards of excellence which become the benchmark of industry practices.
- Use innovation and creativity to identify and solve problems.
- Apply quality management and leadership principles to foster continued employee development.
- Treat each other, our patients and our partners with respect and dignity.
- Hold integrity and honesty as our most important principles and perform at all times at the highest ethical standards.
- Achieve a competitive return for our investors.
- Strive for improvement every day.