Call to learn more at 1-800-984-3434.
Read more about coping with premature births >>
Even when mother and baby have had quality prenatal care, babies are sometimes born prematurely, unhealthy or become ill after birth.
To help premature or ill newborns, North Shore Medical Center Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) has resources to provide immediate help on-site. Our hospital-based neonatologists and skilled nursing staff provide advanced care in our technologically equipped NICU.
We offer the only Level III NICU in northern Miami-Dade County. Our NICU transport team regularly receives critically ill newborns from other hospitals for admission to our Level III unit. The NICU is skilled at interventions to give premature babies the care they need and supports and educates families. By choosing North Shore Medical Center for their delivery, families can be assured that advanced neonatal resources are available for their baby, if it is needed.
The NICU is part of the full spectrum of North Shore Medical Center’s care for expectant mothers who may be at high-risk. We offer prenatal testing, fetal monitoring, care for women with high-risk pregnancies and deliveries.
- 24-hour on-site board-certified neonatologists
- Perinatologists on-site specializing in high risk pregnancies
- Specially trained and certified neonatal nurses and
- Advanced pediatric care, board-certified neonatal surgeons
and pediatric specialists
- Birth care education, Lamaze, breastfeeding, etc.
- Support services available for patients and families
- Quick, easy pre-admitting